Procol Harum : The Homecoming Concert
To be filmed for DVD release in 2004
'Beyond the Pale' is delighted to announce that Procol Harum's Homecoming Concert on 12 December 2003 in London – following their year of touring Europe, Japan, and America – will be filmed for DVD release, by Eagle, some time in 2004.
- The band are on cracking form, and the venue itself – often used by the BBC for concert films – is marvellous: see above (it was used for the promo video in the Prodigal Stranger era).
- Of course we do not know what Procol will play, but the Commander has got the list of Palers' song-suggestions (now closed – we FAXed it on 26 November).
- We've already seen some great 'cobwebbed classics' returning to the repertoire – The Idol, Good Captain Clack – and commercial commonsense presumably that the band will not want to replicate too closely the set they play on the Copenhagen DVD. Draw your own conclusions ...
There are some exciting rumours doing the rounds already about what we might hear. A responsible website would not reproduce them ... just hope they come true :-)
- It's more important than ever before that Procol fans turn out to this fantastic concert: Friday 12 December. If you have been merely contemplating it up to now, it's time to take the plunge. It is selling well-enough, but there is still plenty of space: it's a big venue. You can buy tickets in two ways – see this page.
- There is a very nice convenient Palers' Basecamp Hotel to stay in. And the atmosphere on the DVD will be hugely enhanced by an enthusiastic, nay fervent, crowd.
- Please urge your musical friends to get to this gig: they will be converted! Use other bands' lists – Tull, Crimson, Yes and all that crowd – to drum up more fans! Perhaps someone ought to alert fans of TransAtlantic too.
- And have a look at What's New at this site for 27 November, and drop us a line about that if you wish.
See you there!